Help / Terms and policies / Review policy
In order to build a platform of trust, we ask our community to help ensure that reviews on Crion are useful, informative, and don’t expose our community to harm. Therefore, we expect that all reviews adhere to the following:
- Reviews should be unbiased: reviews are most helpful when they provide unbiased and objective information. Therefore, we don’t allow individuals or entities who own or are affiliated with a listing or experience to post reviews of their business. We also don’t allow individuals who are confirmed to offer competing listings or experiences to post reviews of their direct competitors. You’re not allowed to incentivize positive reviews, to use the threat of a negative review to manipulate a desired outcome, or to influence another’s review with the promise of compensation. You’re also not allowed to accept fake reservations in exchange for a positive review, use a second account to leave yourself a review, or coordinate with business partners to get positive reviews. Additionally, reviews may be removed from the platform for activities where a significant violation of the Party and Events Policy has taken place. This is to help providers feel more comfortable intervening when a disruptive party takes place, without having to fear a biased review as a result.
- Reviews should be relevant: keep your reviews relevant to Crion and your experience, since travelers are reading your reviews to learn about the providers and their listing. Reviews that are off-topic can be distracting and don’t help other travelers make informed booking decisions. For this reason, reviews should focus on your interactions with other community members and your time during the experience. To keep reviews relevant, we recommend avoiding the following:
- Commentary about a person’s social, political, or religious views
- Profanity, name calling, and assumptions about a person’s character or personality
- Content that refers to circumstances entirely outside of another’s control
- Content about services not related to Crion
- Commentary about past Crion reservations, providers, or travelers, or about the Crion product where it does not relate to the listing, provider or traveler you are rating
- When we receive a report of a review that violates this policy, we may remove the review from our platform. Repeated violations may lead to suspension or permanent deactivation of the account(s) responsible for the reviews.
To report a review for violating Crion’s review policy, contact us. While we encourage and expect all community members to post reviews that contain objective and accurate information, Crion doesn’t mediate disputes concerning the truth of reviews. We expect the author of the review to stand behind the content of their review.Back to Crion